Gregory Mann adheres a grave marker to the headstone of his wife’s grandfather, Herman D. Sigal, who died in 1944.
In 1929, Sigal saved a 58-year-old lawyer from being struck by a train.
Jeanie Mann-Hoehn, Sigal’s granddaughter, requested the grave marker from the Hero Fund Commission and then traveled to Pittsburgh earlier this year to place it.
- Heroic ancestors honored over Independence Day weekend
- Hero’s granddaughter marks grave as a gift for mom
- Granddaughter arranges marking of hero’s grave
- Hero laid to rest in Indonesia, grave in family plot marked with Carnegie medallion
- Great, great granddaughter marks Louis G. Burkhalter grave
- Family honors 1926 Carnegie hero
- Gravemarker memorializes heroic act of Sarah Flonnie Holliman a century later
- From the archives: ‘Boy hero’ receives Carnegie Medal grave marker
- From the archives: Grave marker of John N. Miller unveiled
- Awardees’ graves marked with Hero Fund medallions