The September 2017 edition of imPULSE, the Commission’s quarterly newsletter, can be read online. This issue includes resumes of the latest awardees’ heroic acts, as well as updates on several awardees, including Michael J. Manley who was honored with a U.S. Coast Guard Lifesaving Medal, J. Manuel Corral who celebrated his 100th birthday, and John P. Williams, who earned two law enforcement awards.
Also included in this edition is coverage of the Commission’s recent medal presentations including:
- Carnegie Hero Fund Commission Executive Director Eric P. Zahren presented the Carnegie Medal to the family of Sanford Harling III during a Norristown (Pa.) Council meeting.
- Stockton (Calif.) Mayor Michael Tubbs called Carnegie Hero Humberto Sanchez III to the stage to present him the Carnegie Medal during Tubbs’ state-of-the-city speech.
- Steven L. Spurling was awarded his medal by volunteer presenter and Carnegie Hero Paul A. Ansolabehere during a St. Charles (Ill.) Council meeting.
- Zahren presented Richard David Greeno and Lisa McNairy the Carnegie Medal in ceremonies in Ohio.
- Leyton Page received the Carnegie Medal from Bogalusa (La.) Mayor Wendy Perrette during a council meeting.
- U.S. Rep. Steve Chabot presented Timothy Carpenter the Carnegie Medal.
- Madison L. Williams was awarded the Carnegie Medal in front of family and friends at her great-grandfather’s retirement community.
- U.S. Rep. Chris Stewart presented the Carnegie Medal to Joseph B. Hamblin during a presentation at the offices of his employer — St. George City.
- Conyers (Ga.) Mayor Randal S. Mills presented Raul Moreno with the medal, proclaiming the date of the ceremony — June 7 — Raul Moreno Day.
Other features include updates on the Medal of Philanthropy and a celebration of several Commission service anniversaries and the retirement of Walter F. Rutkowski after 41 years of service.
- Carnegie Medal presentation to family of Carnegie Hero Jamie Alan Hyatt
- New editor Jewels Phraner helms Commission newsletter
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Sanford Harling III
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Humberto Sanchez III
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Steven L. Spurling
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Richard David Greeno and Lisa McNairy
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Leyton Page
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Timothy Carpenter
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Madison L. Williams
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Joseph B. Hamblin
Current edition online
Current edition in PDF form
Archived editions of imPULSE
If you would like added to the mailing list for e-mailed or hard copies of imPULSE, e-mail us your address at firstname.lastname@example.org.