U.S. Rep. John Carter re-met Carnegie Hero Allen Sirois, Dec. 23, 2019, when he presented the Carnegie Medal to him at Carter’s office in Round Rock, Texas.
Sirois responded to the scene of a May 26, 2018, highway accident in which a concrete mixer truck overturned onto its driver’s side. The 60-year-old driver was trapped inside as flames burned in the engine area. Sirois climbed the truck, opened the passenger door, reached into the passenger compartment and, with difficulty, pulled the man partially out of the cab. Another man moved onto the truck and fully pulled the driver to safety.
Carter and Sirois first met in 2008, when Sirois, around age 10, posed with him at a Boy Scouts of America Citizen of Distinction banquet for Longhorn Council.
- Carnegie Medal presentation at top of Squaw Peak impacts hero and victim
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Scott Ullom and Zachary A. McDowell
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Zachary Salce and Maddison Henslin
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Carnegie Hero Michael Douglas Barkhouse
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Carnegie Hero Kenneth L. Hamilton
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Carnegie Hero Ernest J. Tarsitano
- Overheard: Impulse 63
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Carnegie Hero Kenneth Alfred
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Carnegie Heroes Grant A. Goffinet and Brent D. Duncan
- State rep, police chief present Carnegie Medal to South Dakota police officers
Other articles in this issue:
- Children ensure mother’s memory lives on
- 15:13 Dangerous low-head dam at site of 1987 rescue attempt to be removed
- The enraged deer attack, investigated by H.W. Eyman
- Board Notes: Carnegie Medals cannot be awarded without first a disaster
- Overheard: Impulse 60
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Carnegie Hero Jason P. Maxwell
- Carnegie Medal presentations to Carnegie Heroes Richard J. Gandolfo and Robert M. Hosey
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Carnegie Hero Mark Oscar Tuura
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Carnegie heroes Sommer Marie King and Rebecka Blackburn
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Carnegie Hero Jose L. Casanova