Carnegie Hero Michael Eugene Chestnut, left, receiving the Carnegie Medal from Bracken County (Ky.) Judge-Executive Earl Bush at the county’s board meeting on Nov. 28 at the Old Courthouse in Brooksville, Ky. Chestnut, then 59, of Foster, Ky., rescued three teens from a burning, overturned vehicle after it crashed head-on into a van on a rural road in Foster in August, 2017. Chestnut crawled into the overturned car twice and removed all three teens to safety, including one teen who was nearly 100 pounds heavier and 1 foot taller than Chestnut.
Photo by Christy Hooks, The Ledger Independent.
- State rep, police chief present Carnegie Medal to South Dakota police officers
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Carnegie Hero Danny Lee Tiger
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Carnegie Hero Michael Benjamin James
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to widow of Carnegie Hero David Covington
- Carnegie Medal Presentation to Carnegie Hero Darren M. Smith
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Carnegie Hero Jason P. Maxwell
- Carnegie Medal presentations to Carnegie Heroes Richard J. Gandolfo and Robert M. Hosey
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Carnegie Hero Mark Oscar Tuura
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Carnegie heroes Sommer Marie King and Rebecka Blackburn
- Carnegie Medal presentation to Carnegie Hero Jose L. Casanova