Adam Joe Martin helped to save Michael W. Remmert from burning, Hayward, Wisconsin, July 6, 2015. Remmert, 42, lay unconscious on the floor of the sunroom of his one-story house after fire broke out in the adjacent kitchen at night and filled the structure with dense smoke. A neighbor, Martin, 32, cook, saw flames issuing through the house’s kitchen windows and responded to the scene, as did another neighbor. They went to the door that opened to the sunroom; dense smoke poured through the door. The other neighbor entered the structure, found Remmert at the opposite end of the sunroom, and, pulling on him, called for help. Despite the smoke restricting visibility and inhibiting breathing, Martin ran into the sunroom, grasped Remmert by the arms, and with the other neighbor dragged him through the door and from the house. Remmert required hospitalization for treatment of smoke inhalation.
87535 – 987387535-9873