William S. Brown rescued Glen A. and Marquice T. Boone from burning, Newport News, Virginia, October 21, 1992. Glen, 2, and Marquice, eight months old, were in their family’s two-story apartment when fire broke out in the living room. From nearby, Brown, 30, maintenance worker, saw the flames and ran to the scene. He attempted entry through the apartment’s front door into the living room but was driven back by flames. Brown then ran to the rear of the building and entered the apartment through its back door, which opened into the kitchen. Despite dense smoke, Brown crawled into the kitchen, where he found Glen. He pushed Glen in front of him as he crawled back to the door, where he exited, handing Glen to another man. Brown re-entered the apartment and crawled across the kitchen to the living room, where he found Marquice, who lay near the flames. Brown grasped Marquice and removed him from the apartment through the kitchen. Both boys required hospital treatment for effects of the fire, and Brown sought medical treatment for having inhaled smoke. He recovered.
67268 – 777967268-7779