Timothy Lee Rowe saved Marguerite H. Campbell from burning, Salisbury, North Carolina, October 13, 2000. Ms. Campbell, 53, who could not walk unaided, lay on the floor in the living room of her one-story house after fire broke out in a bedroom and filled the house with dense smoke. Working at a house across the street, Rowe, 35, live-in specialist, saw smoke and flames issuing from Ms. Campbell’s house. He reported the fire, then responded to the scene, where he learned Ms. Campbell was still inside. Entering the house through the front door, he heard Ms. Campbell’s cries, but he was quickly repulsed by the smoke and retreated to the front porch for fresh air. Rowe then re-entered the living room, crawling, and went in the direction of Ms. Campbell’s voice and found her. He dragged her to the door and onto the porch, where arriving firefighters assisted them. Ms. Campbell was treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation, and Rowe also received hospital treatment for effects of having inhaled smoke. They recovered.
75123 – 857275123-8572