Theodore Williams, Jr., saved Trevor J. Williams from burning, Burns Lake, British Columbia, May 14, 1987. Trevor, 3, was asleep in a bedroom of his family’s house when fire broke out in the living room. Alerted to the fire, Williams, 18, high school student, entered the house and searched for Trevor, whom he found in the smoke-filled bedroom. As he prepared to leave, Williams bumped a shelf on which was stored a container of bleach, and the bleach splashed into his eyes. Williams was able to grasp Trevor and hand him out a window to a man who had arrived. Williams then followed Trevor out the window to safety. Trevor was treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation. Williams was hospitalized two days for treatment of injury to his eyes and minor burns; he fully recovered in about two months.
63201 – 737663201-7376