Terry Michael Bzdel saved Jessica D. Pambrun from burning, Mozart, Saskatchewan, April 12, 1991. Jessica, 6, and her sister were overcome bys moke in their family’s mobile home after fire broke out in the living room and spread. Bzdel, 29, manager of a nearby store, was alerted to the fire. He ran to the scene and repeatedly attempted to enter the mobile home, but the dense smoke thwarted his efforts. On a final attempt, Bzdel entered through the mobile home’s back door and crawled into the nearby master bedroom, where he felt Jessica, who was lying on the floor. Grasping her by the ankle, Bzdel crawled back to the door, from which he fell to the ground, others then removing Jessica from the doorway. Immediately after another man then rescued Jessica’s sister, the mobile home was engulfed in flames. Jessica was hospitalized for smoke inhalation, and she recovered. Bzdel also required hospital treatment for having inhaled smoke, and he too recovered.
65897 – 762465897-7624