Sue L. Brewer saved Tyronda D. Willis from burning, Waterbury, Connecticut, March 10, 1992. Tyronda, 3 months old, was in a second-floor bedroom of her babysitter’s townhouse apartment when fire broke out on the first floor, in the kitchen. A neighbor, Miss Brewer, 29, bartender, was alerted to the fire and went to the scene. When told that Tyronda was upstairs, Miss Brewer immediately entered the apartment and went to the second floor, where accumulating smoke impeded visibility. Miss Brewer searched unsuccessfully for Tyronda in one bedroom, then in another. Returning to the first bedroom, she located the infant, by touch, on the bed. Miss Brewer wrapped Tyronda in a blanket, then returned to the first floor and took her outside. Miss Brewer was treated at the hospital for minor smoke inhalation, from which she recovered.
66667 – 774066667-7740