Sean K. Lund attempted to rescue Charlotte L. Chandler from suffocation, Wasilla, Alaska, December 10, 1990. Mrs. Chandler, 29, was found overcome by fumes in a second-floor bedroom of her family’s house. A neighbor, Sean, 16, high school student, was alerted; despite the fumes, he entered the house, went to Mrs. Chandler’s bedroom, and attempted to revive her. Getting no response, Sean called for emergency help from a telephone in the bedroom, then resumed resuscitation efforts. He began to feel dizzy, then was himself overcome by fumes. Emergency medical personnel who arrived shortly removed Sean, then Mrs. Chandler, from the house and took them to the hospital. Mrs. Chandler could not be revived, and Sean was detained overnight for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning. He recovered.
65504 – 759665504-7596