Samara Marie White died attempting to save Alexia M. VanCleve from burning, Davison, Michigan, November 7, 2006. Alexia, 4, and two of her sisters were in bedrooms on the second floor of their family’s house after fire erupted at night on the first floor. Another sister, Samara, 15, high school student, was asleep on the first floor when she was alerted to the fire. As the girls’ mother attempted to alert their brother, who also was on the first floor, Samara went upstairs to alert her sisters. She awoke one of them, then entered Alexia’s bedroom. All other occupants of the house fled to safety as flames grew quickly and dense smoke filled the structure. A police officer and a firefighter soon arrived on the scene and attempted to enter the house but were repelled by the smoke. Samara and Alexia, found in Alexia’s bedroom, had both succumbed to smoke inhalation.
79891 – 918179891-9181