Richard Harvie saved Donald E. McKenney from electrocution, Gold River, British Columbia, June 9, 1995. McKenney, 57, was working on a component of an electrical unit at the industrial plant where he was employed when the component became energized with 2,300 volts. The shock prevented McKenney from releasing his grip on the energized parts. His co-worker, Harvie, 45, electrician, was nearby and witnessed the accident. He immediately went to McKenney’s side, then stood over him, grasped the back of McKenney’s clothing, and pulled him, breaking McKenney’s grip on the component. McKenney required hospitalization for treatment of third-degree burns.
71161 – 811871161-8118