Richard Brian Andrade saved Joseph W. Doyle from electrocution, Colorado Springs, Colorado, March 16, 2012. While working in an office building on asbestos abatement, Doyle, 32, was removing a junction box from a conduit containing a live, 240-volt line and was shocked while holding to the conduit. A coworker, Andrade, 32, asbestos worker, was standing about 10 feet away and saw that Doyle was frozen in place. Concluding that Doyle was being shocked, Andrade ran to him and attempted to tackle him to break his hold of the conduit, but Doyle did not release it. Andrade then grasped the conduit and shook it free of Doyle’s hold. Doyle fell to the floor, unconscious, and Andrade sustained an electrical burn to his right leg before he could release the conduit. Andrade revived Doyle and called for help. Both men were taken to the hospital for treatment of electrical burns, and Doyle was treated for a laceration to his head.
85502 – 964985502-9649