R. Paul Vidito rescued a man from a collapsing building, Picton, Ontario, January 11, 1986. Several patrons were trapped by debris after an explosion of propane gas in the basement of the restaurant in which they were dining. Gas continued to leak in the two-story, stone building, the remaining portion of which was threatening to collapse. Having heard the explosion from his home nearby, Vidito, 31, skilled laborer, immediately ran to the building, where he learned that several persons were inside. In the moments before the fire department arrived, Vidito entered the building, in which debris continued to fall, and pulled a man from the debris. He then aided the man outside to safety.
63294 – 727863294-7278