Michael Ross Santino rescued J. Ray Griffing from burning, Soap Lake, Washington, July 30, 1984. Griffing, 62, was asleep when fire broke out in the living room of his small frame house. Awakened, he fell unconscious to the floor of his bedroom. A neighbor, Santino, 32, salesman, broke one of Griffing’s bedroom windows and climbed into the house. Despite the blistering heat, and flames beginning to enter the bedroom over Griffing, Santino crawled to Griffing and dragged him back to the window. He lifted Griffing to others, who removed him from the house. Santino followed. Both men recovered from burns they received.
59902 – 688959902-6889