Michael J. Costello saved Eleanor M. Coe from burning, Amherst, Ohio, April 19, 2002. At night, Ms. Coe, 87, was asleep in the bedroom in one end of her mobile home after fire broke out in the sunroom, which was attached to the side of the structure. A neighbor, Costello, 28, production worker, discovered the fire and immediately responded to the scene. Failing to get a response from Ms. Coe, Costello kicked in the front door and entered the mobile home. Passing the burning sunroom, he ran through a hall toward Ms. Coe’s bedroom as flames started to enter the hall. He located Ms. Coe, then grasped her by the hand and led her through the hall, past the flames, to the front door, then outside to safety. Neither was injured. The mobile home was destroyed in the fire.
76030 – 866376030-8663