Marvin De-Von Embry rescued Kevin D. McBride from burning, Muskegon Heights, Michigan, February 20, 1991. Kevin, 3, was in his family’s house when fire broke out in the kitchen. His mother and other family members fled, then realized that Kevin was still inside. A neighbor, Marvin, 16, high school student, was alerted; he entered the house through its front door and crawled into the living room but, because of the dense smoke, was unable to find Kevin. He retreated. After ascertaining Kevin’s location, Marvin again entered the house and crawled until he felt Kevin, who lay unconscious on the floor. Marvin grasped Kevin, then stood and ran from the house with him. Kevin was hospitalized for smoke inhalation and serious burns and died 16 days later.
65682 – 761565682-7615