Mark Warren Price rescued Isabelle C. Blaise from burning, Crown Point, New York, July 8, 1984. Mrs. Blaise, 39, was asleep in a bedroom of her mobile home when fire broke out in the kitchen. Price, 27, contractor was driving nearby when he saw the burning trailer. Learning that Mrs. Blaise was still inside, he removed his shirt and held it against his face, then entered the trailer through a door near the bedroom as flames rapidly approached from the kitchen area. Despite the intense heat and thick smoke which prevented visibility, Price entered the bedroom and felt for Mrs. Blaise. Locating her, he discarded his shirt and dragged her to the door, where others assisted in her removal. Mrs. Blaise was hospitalized seven weeks for third-degree burns, which left her disabled. Price was hospitalized overnight for smoke inhalation and lesser burns, from which he recovered.
59862 – 692759862-6927