Ledford Wayne Arthur saved Dennis D. Williams from electrocution, New Castle, Virginia, April 20, 2007. Williams, 48, and Arthur, 53, were repairing a commercial electric oven in the high school where they were employed as maintenance workers. While removing a heating element from the oven, Williams, who was seated on the floor, received an electric shock. His hands locked on the energized element, he convulsed, unable to speak. Standing next to him, Arthur saw him convulse and knew that he was being shocked. Arthur immediately lunged at Williams and pushed him away from the oven, thereby breaking his hold of the element. Doing so, Arthur felt a shock in one arm. Williams was treated at the hospital for electrical burns to both hands, and he recovered.
81186 – 926281186-9262