Lawrence A. White helped to rescue Sally P. Gee and others from a collapsing building, Picton, Ontario, January 11, 1986. Mrs. Gee, 65, and other patrons were trapped by debris after an explosion of propane gas in the basement of the restaurant in which they were dining. Gas continued to leak in the two-story, stone building, the remaining portion of which was threatening to collapse. Having heard the explosion from a house nearby, White, 27, actor, immediately ran to the building, where he learned that several persons were inside. In the moments before the fire department arrived, White entered the building, in which debris continued to fall, and, with another man, removed Mrs. Gee from the debris and carried her to a point where they were aided by arriving rescue personnel. White then re-entered the building and helped others to escape from it. Mrs. Gee was hospitalized for her injuries, and she recovered.
63293 – 727763293-7277