Larry G. Darrohn, Jr., died attempting to save Sharon A. Joseph from burning, Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, December 11, 2009. Joseph, 63, was in her apartment, on the second floor of a two-story house, after fire broke out in the kitchen at night. Darrohn, 46, who lived in the first-floor apartment, was alerted to the fire by Joseph’s daughter, who escaped the flames. Directing Joseph’s daughter to call for help, Darrohn ran up the interior stairway to the burning apartment. Firefighters arrived shortly and found Joseph and Darrohn unresponsive on the second floor. They were removed from the house but could not be revived, as they had died of smoke inhalation.
82813 – 940282813-9402