Kevin Patrick Boyle saved Norman K. Ketchman from burning, Stevensville, Michigan, December 18, 2010. Ketchman, 77, lay on the floor of the family room on the lower level of his split-entry house after fire broke out in an adjacent bedroom. Flames spread into the family room, and it filled with dense smoke. On duty, Boyle, 39, police officer, responded to the scene. He and other officers accessed the house through its front door, but flames blocked their course to the lower level. They went to the rear of the structure and broke out a sliding glass door that opened to the family room. With virtually no visibility, Boyle crawled into the burning room and found Ketchman. Grasping him by the arm, he dragged Ketchman to the sliding glass door and outside to safety. Ketchman was then transported to the hospital. Flames grew to engulf the lower level and spread to the rest of the structure.
83650 – 949783650-9497