John Edward Taylor helped to save Jerome George from suffocation, Wetaskiwin, Alberta, June 6, 1978. At night fire broke out in the living room of a dwelling where George, 35, was asleep. Among those attracted was Taylor, 29, plumber, who entered the rear door and, crawling beneath dense smoke, proceeded through the kitchen and into a hall, where George was unconscious on the floor. Taylor dragged George with difficulty to near the kitchen door. Others then aided Taylor to the outside and removed George from the kitchen. Taylor and George were hospitalized for smoke Inhalation, George’s condition being critical. Both men recovered.
56664 – 637856664-6378