Joel L. Warren rescued Ignacio F. Corral from burning, Ridgecrest, California, November 17, 1988. Corral, 70, was asleep inside his mobile home when a natural gas explosion occurred, igniting part of the trailer. Warren, 24, who lived next door, was alerted to the fire and went to the scene. With his hands, he broke out a bedroom window, through which Corral’s wife escaped. Then, despite dense smoke which aggravated an asthmatic condition, intense heat, and spreading flames, Warren climbed into the trailer through the window to search for Corral. He located Corral in the bedroom, dragged him to a window, and lifted him out. Corral sustained third-degree burns on his feet and face and required extensive hospitalization. Warren was treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation and a cut finger, which needed to be sutured, and he recovered.
63642 – 737263642-7372