Jeffrey S. Peters, Jr., rescued Debra A. Knuth from burning, Meadville, Pennsylvania, September 11, 2007. Knuth, 50, was pinned by fallen debris in her bedroom after a propane explosion in her mobile home that set the structure aflame. On hearing the explosion from his nearby home, a neighbor, Peters, 18, immediately responded to the scene. He entered the collapsing structure through its back door and in intense heat made his way to Knuth’s bedroom. Finding Knuth pinned in her bed, he lifted debris off her and pulled her from the bed. He then picked her up and carried her to the door, where he handed her to another neighbor who had responded. Peters exited the mobile home shortly before flames grew to engulf it. The mobile home was destroyed. Knuth required extensive hospitalization for treatment of severe burns.
80560 – 923180560-9231