Gregory Mott saved Ashley R. and Justin N. Hukill from burning, Cleveland, Ohio, December 3, 1993. Ashley, 2, and her brother, Justin, 3, were at the home of a relative when fire erupted in the living room. At work in the neighborhood, Mott, 33, service installer, responded to the scene and learned that children remained inside the burning house. Seeing a cat in the kitchen below the dense smoke, which extended almost to the floor, Mott entered the house and crawled into the kitchen, where he found Ashley, who was semiconscious. He grasped her and returned outside with her, then re-entered the kitchen and located Justin, who also was semiconscious. Mott removed Justin to the outside shortly before flames spread to the kitchen. Ashley and Justin were hospitalized for smoke inhalation, and they recovered, but four other children died in the fire. Mott was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
68313 – 786968313-7869