Granville Gaylord King rescued Anita M. Gall from burning, Bell, California, June 19, 1975. When fire broke out in the bedroom of her one-story frame dwelling, Mrs. Anita M. Gall, 64, attempted to put out the flames but collapsed on the bedroom floor. King, 37, park maintenance man, who was working nearby, kicked open the kitchen door and crawled inside but could see nothing in the dense smoke. Emerging from the house, he ran to the front door and kicked it open. Guided by moans from Mrs, Gall, King crawled through the smoke-filled living room to the bedroom, where flames burned on the floor, the bed, and three walls. King got to his feet and, coughing from the smoke, removed Mrs. Gall from the house. She recovered after hospitalization for extensive burns.
54719 – 620554719-6205