George R. Brazeale helped to rescue Celesta A. McClouskey from burning, Lebanon, Oregon, February 6, 1991. Mrs. McClouskey, 70, was inside her house when fire broke out in the living room. A neighbor, Brazeale, 35, papermaker, was alerted and ran to the scene, where he met another neighbor. They heard Mrs. McClouskey moan. As flames issuing from the living room precluded their entering through the front door, Brazeale and the other man made their way through an attached garage to the back door, which opened into the kitchen. They entered the smoke-filled kitchen together, Brazeale then moving to Mrs. McClouskey, who lay on the floor of the burning living room. He grasped her and dragged her to the kitchen, where the other man helped to remove her to the garage and outside to safety. Mrs. McClouskey sustained burns and smoke inhalation and died later that day. Brazeale sustained smoke inhalation, and he recovered.
65651 – 760965651-7609