Duane E. DeMoura died helping to save Michael A. Lavoie from suffocation, Taunton, Massachusetts, November 7, 1977. While working inside a tank at a copper products company, Lavoie, 18, was overcome by chemical fumes and collapsed. DeMoura, 18, material helper, entered the tank through an opening about two feet high and five feet wide. He boosted Lavoie to a point where men outside the opening could reach him. Lavoie was pulled out but DeMoura collapsed inside the tank from effects of the fumes. Firemen removed DeMoura, but he could not be revived. Lavoie recovered after being hospitalized. 56015-6320.
56015 – 632056015-6320