Denzel H. Lofgreen saved Jared C. Martin from suffocation, Norton, Kansas, April 15, 1975. Fire broke out in a one-story frame dwelling, and smoke quickly filled all rooms, including the bedroom where Jared, 3, was located. After others had broken several windows from outside, Lofgreen, 28, farmer, stepped through a window opening into the bedroom, where visibility was nil because dense smoke filled the room. Crawling along the floor, Lofgreen located Jared, who was unconscious. He took Jared back to the open window and stepped outside with him minutes before the bedroom became filled with flames. Jared recovered after being hospitalized for smoke inhalation.
54610 – 618954610-6189