David Robert Bash saved Keith Woyach from suffocation, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 23, 1976. Keith, 3, was in a rear bedroom of a ground-floor apartment when fire broke out in the living room, creating much dense smoke. Among those attracted was Bash, 21, restaurant cook. Bash climbed through a window into the bedroom, which was filled with smoke. Heat was intense. Groping in the smoke, Bash located Keith, who was unconscious, and took him to the window. After handing Keith to persons outside, Bash lost consciousness from smoke he had inhaled, and he collapsed over the window sill. Persons outside pulled Bash through the window. Bash and Keith were removed to a hospital and revived.
55455 – 626355455-6263