David A. Conley attempted to save Steven E. Blake from electrocution, Provo, Utah, August 10, 1988. Blake, 21, was shocked and lost consciousness after attempting to rescue a man who had touched a truck that had made contact with a 7,200-volt power line. Working nearby, Conley, 45, training program director, ran to the scene, grasped Blake, and began to pull him away from the truck. Conley also was shocked, and he lost consciousness and fell to the ground. Reviving minutes later, he moved away from the truck. He was hospitalized three days for injuries, including second- and third-degree burns. Blake also was hospitalized for injuries, but he died 16 days later.
63672 – 734363672-7343