Bruce S. Phillips rescued George H. Wray from burning, Andover, Ohio, August 18, 1996. Wray, 69, was in his 35-foot trailer at a campground when it was wracked by a propane explosion that set the trailer aflame. Phillips, 30, college student, responded from a nearby site after hearing the explosion. He entered Wray’s trailer through its front door and, despite smoke and flames in the interior, made his way back to its bedroom, where he found Wray, dazed, on the bed. Phillips took Wray to the nearby back door and exited the trailer with him moments before the trailer was engulfed by flame. Wray required lengthy hospitalization for extensive burns, from which he recovered.
71298 – 813771298-8137