Blair Claybourne helped to rescue Henry Sembach from burning, Calgary, Alberta, February 18, 1995. Sembach, 76, was inside his one-story home after fire broke out in a bedroom. Claybourne, 52, electrical technician who lived next door, was alerted, and he responded to the scene. There, he and another man forced open the front door to Sembach’s house, which was filled with dense smoke. After the other man attempted entry and was thwarted by fire conditions, Claybourne crawled into the house, followed by a third man who had arrived. At floor level, below the smoke, Claybourne saw Sembach on the kitchen floor, at a point about 16 feet from the front door. He stood and ran to Sembach, established a hold on him, and, aided by the third man, took Sembach through the living room and out of the house to safety. Sembach, suffering minor burns and smoke inhalation, was hospitalized, and he recovered.
69528 – 797769528-7977