Ann Marie Morrison saved Jennifer R. Lepard from burning, Alpena, Michigan, January 6, 1986. Jennifer, 1, was in a crib in an upstairs bedroom of her family’s two-story apartment when fire broke out in the kitchen. A family friend who had spent the night in the apartment, Miss Morrison, 22, waitress, was alerted to the fire. As others left the apartment, she ran upstairs past flames nearing the foot of the stairwell and went to Jennifer’s bedroom. She picked up Jennifer and returned to the stairs but found them engulfed by flames. Retreating into a second-floor bathroom, Miss Morrison broke out a window and dropped Jennifer to others at ground level. Her clothing aflame, Miss Morrison was overcome by smoke, and she fell through the window. She and Jennifer were hospitalized for serious burns, and they recovered.
61085 – 707261085-7072