Albert C. Lundy rescued Leonard I. Cooper from burning, Virginia Beach, Virginia, May 12, 1987. Leonard, 2, was taking a nap in a first-floor bedroom of his babysitter’s house when a bottled-gas stove exploded in the kitchen and ignited it. Lundy, 69, retired railroadman, was outside. He immediately entered the house through its back door for Leonard, having to go through the burning kitchen to get to the bedroom. Lundy picked Leonard up, then broke a window in the bedroom and escaped with him. Leonard was treated for burns and smoke inhalation, and he recovered. Lundy was hospitalized a month for severe burns to his hands and face and burn inhalation injury.
62029 – 723862029-7238